GB Technologies is committed to providing excellent service and protecting your personal information is important to us. This statement explains how we collect, use, share and hold your personal information.
What personal information we collect
GB Technologies collects personal information from our customers including the type of information required to provide our services such as your name, address, contact details, payment information, credit information, usage data, Service username, password and voice password.
If you don’t provide all or part of the personal information we require, we may not be able to provide you with the relevant services.
We’ll use your personal information to provide you with products and services. This applies when you register for or buy a product or service from us.
This means we’ll:
- record details about the products and services you use or order from us and how you use them – including your call, browser (including IP address) and data usage records
- send you product or service-information messages (we’ll send you messages to confirm your order and tell you about any changes that might affect your service, like when we have infrastructure work planned or need to fix something)
- update you on when we’ll deliver, connect or install your products and services;
- charge you and make sure your payment reaches us
- give information to someone else (if we need to for the product or service you’ve ordered) or to another communications provider if you’re buying some services from them and us (if we do this, we still control your personal information and we have strict controls in place to make sure it’s properly protected)
We use the following to provide products and services and manage your account.
- Your contact details and other information to confirm your identity and your communications with us. This includes your name, gender, address, phone number, email address and passwords
- Your payment and financial information to manage your account including billing and collecting debts;
- Your communications with us, including emails and phone calls. We’ll also keep records of any settings or communication preferences you choose.
How we may share your personal information
We may need to share your personal information to organisations outside GB Technologies, for example, with:
- suppliers so we can supply the service to you;
- technicians we engage to resolve faults concerning your service
- a credit reporting body or credit provider if you fail to make payments due
- a fraud-checking agency to carry out checks;
- debt collection agencies and similar parties that assist with debt-recovery;
- specialist contractors for the purposes of research and development;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- other telecommunications and information service providers, for example, for billing purposes;
- your authorised representative or contact person in the manner you have agreed to;
- your legal advisers, if requested by you to do so;
- a duly authorised government, regulatory authority or other organisation when we are required or specifically permitted by law to do so or to resolve customer complaints or disputes;
- a specified recipient if a court order compels us to do so, and
- law enforcement agencies concerning the enforcement of criminal and other laws if we are compelled or required to do so.
We ensure that these companies take the security and confidentiality of your personal information as seriously as we do.
How we hold your personal information
We keep customer information on controlled systems, which are secure against unauthorised access. Proof of identity is always required before personal information is disclosed to any person, including the specific customer. We take care with credit card payment details, which are not stored on any GBT systems.
How long we keep your data
We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed. Your information we use for marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
How to access & correct your personal information
Your personal information can be obtained by contacting us.
We maintain and update the personal information we hold as it becomes necessary, for example when our customers inform us that their personal information has changed. A customer can request to opt-out of certain communications and make changes to their personal information by contacting us at email@example.com or by calling 01896752607. Please contact us if you wish to access or correct personal information that we hold about you. Contact us about our privacy statement If you have any queries concerning this privacy statement, please contact us by calling support on 01896 752607 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any privacy complaints will be handled in accordance with our complaint process.
GB Technologies maintains reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your personal information obtained through our website and in connection with the provision of our IT Services from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.